Tuesday, February 4, 2014

New Jerusalem

2/2/14
30x42 acrylic on canvas


New Jerusalem

Nothing like a little quiet time on Super Bowl Sunday to get some creative work done. Guessing that's not the most popular way to spend the day, but I'll call it a win since I finally completed this project.  

Little different subject matter for me, but this piece has been in my head, and partially on canvas, for a while now.  Daydreaming in church one Sunday, I couldn't help noticing how the description of the New Jerusalem in Revelations 21 sounds a lot like an ET spaceship coming down to Earth.  Others might tell me I've watched too many Ancient Aliens episodes?  Eerie tidbit, I've been seeing 44's everywhere I look lately. I learned (or was reminded) that each side of the 'city' that descends from heaven is 144 cubits long, wide, and high. Another 44 to keep me guessing.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.