Thursday, August 7, 2014

Job Satisfaction

8/6/14
9x12 collage on paper



Job Satisfaction



Completed after a long day at work, the simplicity of today's collage doesn't do justice to the steps it took to get there. 

Struggled with lack of inspiration on finding a subject matter that might inspire me after a long work day.  

Took a lot of trial and error with color and texture, and three different layers of material, to get to a background I could live with.  

Felt some frustration at the fact that the work wasn't turning out the way I envisioned in the beginning.

Persevered through multiple temptations to just set the collage aside and start over fresh with something else tomorrow.  

No one's making me make collages at night, after all.  Why do it on a day when I'm struggling and inspiration's not coming easily?

...

Uncanny the way that Art imitates life sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.