Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Red Dragonfly III (It's Time)

10/5/14
24x36 acrylic and mixed media

Red Dragonfly III
Alight on ivy’s tendril,
glowing red messenger from God.
“It’s time, my child, it’s time.”
Don’t look on me as a chance visitor.
I’m here to deliver a message
from the soul you’ve held so tightly
in your arms and in your heart.
“It’s time, my child, it’s time.”
I’ll fly away for a moment
and let you collect your thoughts.
Then you’ll realize I’m here for a reason.
Red as cardinal gliding on late summer’s breezes.
But cardinal’s message is for another day.
I’m dragonfly, red dragonfly,
Returning to ivy’s perch and looking on with love.
Once again here to tell you,
“It’s time, dear child, it’s time.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.