Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 218 Willing to ask


218:365
Day 218 Willing to ask
05/06/13

Louise Hay affirmation:   “I am willing to ask for help when I need it.

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Work only with, or be inspired by, measuring devices today.

Media:  Magazine photos, Mod Podge

Time:  45M

Comments:  Today's affirmation is one that hits home for me in that I typically find it tough to ask for help when I need it.  

First, recognizing that I need help is sometimes a challenge.  Second, asking for help (without feeling that I am weak or inadequate) is a lesson that has taken me a while to assimilate.  As an person who views myself as independent, it can be hard to let go of personal control and seek the interdependence that comes from asking for help.  

Being willing to try a new way of doing things is an insight that I'm exploring more as I age, and finding has it's own rewards.   If we are truly here to learn and grow, why wouldn't we be here to help each other along the way?   I find it rewarding to help others when they ask, why wouldn't someone else enjoy helping me too?

The imagery in the collage has to do with remembering to play and not take things so seriously (crayons), bright ideas and creative sparks (light bulbs), and time to reflect and meditate (the dark room with reading chair and lamp).  The Help! message in a bottle speaks to my own circuitous ways of getting help in the past.  A little indirect, a little slow, a little wandering in its path... but eventually the message washes ashore to be found by someone willing to help.   





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.