Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 239 Color removed



Day 239 Color removed 
239:365
05/27/13

Louise Hay affirmation:   
If we want more life, then we have only to give.  Love is, and I am.

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Create the illusion that the color has been removed from something so that it looks like a black and white photograph.

Media:  Magazine photos, Mod Podge, Antique sepia photo, Tissue paper, Watercolor

Time:  1H

Comments:  Today's collage features several sepia-toned photographs of new products and architectural interiors, as well as one true sepia photograph that I picked up at an Estate Sale.  When I see old pictures like this one, I think about how photography once was a staged event for which one dressed and posed.  The sitter allowed someone capable of handling the new technology of the day to capture one's essence in the camera, and passed the image down through their family for generations.  

It always strikes me as a little sad when I see old family photos as someone's house and belongings are liquidated at a public sale.  Studying the face of Martha Antoinette Winn NIcholson makes me wonder if she wanted more life.  Love is, and I am. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.