Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 232 Calming the tornado

Day 232 Calming the tornado

232:365
05/20/13

Louise Hay affirmation:   
I find relaxation, enjoyment, and healing in the simplest things in life.

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Make a cloud, or make something inspired by clouds.

Media:  Scrapbook paper, Magazine and Catalog photos, printed Google image, Mod Podge

Time:  1H:20M

Comments:  It seems like the goal of Meditation is to quiet the mind (the tornado) long enough to allow Divine Spirit a chance to be with us or speak to us. 

Today's collage is an homage to an interesting Meditation experience I had over the weekend.   Meditation is something I've attempted at various times, never consistently, and has proven to be a tricky for me to achieve true quieting of my mind.  


The images of the person and the bulldog are a nod to 'feet up the wall' pose in yoga, which is quite relaxing.  And to every dog whose found great relaxation, enjoyment, and healing in the simple act of rolling over on his/her back to  take in life from another viewpoint. 










Addendum: After I made this collage today, I learned that a tornado swept through Oklahoma and it appears to have created a devastating loss of life and property.  Sad and eerie coincidence for today's storm cloud theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.