Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 236 I Know Someone


Day 236 I Know Someone
236:365
05/24/13

Louise Hay affirmation:   “I forgive myself.

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Carry something with you all day and document it in a variety of locations.

Media:  Scrapbook paper, Company flyer, Project team logo sticker, Daisy embellishment, Copy paper, Mod Podge

Time:  1H

Comments:  This collage features a few artifacts from my day.  Parts of a company flyer, logo from a project team, a sunny daisy that gives no hints of the frustration behind it.  

Today at work I found myself doing an unexpected task, after delegating it to others that are typically responsible for the help I needed.  I found at the last minute that not only had the work not been completed by the ample deadline given, it hadn't even been attempted.  

I found myself getting angry and frustrated as I regrouped and simply did the work myself. This was the second time this week, both completely different incidents and different people, that similar circumstances and feelings came up for me.  Both times, I wondered what I did wrong that the people who were to help completely missed the intent of the instructions that I gave.  I wondered how I could have said or done something differently that would have influenced the outcomes differently.  I couldn't help feeling tested, and that I was failing each test miserably.  

I forgive myself for being angry and frustrated, for thinking everything was my fault, and for not passing the tests set before me.  The reality of corporate life is... sometimes people let us down, and sometimes things just don't go as planned.  I can choose to respond differently next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.