Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 289 A Splash of Prosperity

Day 289 A Splash of Prosperity
289:365
07/16/13

Louise Hay affirmation:   “I prosper wherever I turn.

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Do someone else’s job for part of the day and create something based on the experience.

Media:  Magazine photos, Construction paper, Tissue paper, Mod Podge

Time:  45M

Comments:  Today was a weird day at work.  I felt at various points that I was doing the job of my predecessors before me and that simultaneously the mantle of responsibility and direction for the future are, like it or not, falling into my hands.   I received a couple of compliments that spoke to the slow and subtle changes that I've brought about that may actually be starting to gain momentum.   

The white background of today's collage represents the bland white walls that were so overwhelmingly dull when I began my current job.  The brightly colored place-setting represents the table that is set before me to make an impact through the innovative thinking, creative stewardship, and splashes of color that I've been able to bring to the job and million square feet at my workplace.  

The horizontal band of red represents the inertia of status quo thinking that has prevailed for so many years that it feels to be set in concrete.  I prosper wherever I turn?  Some days it feels like not... when I think of that phrase in the traditional ways.  However, I prosper wherever I turn... when I think of news ways of defining prosperity.   





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.