Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 151 Matters of heart


151:365
Day 151 Matters of heart
02/28/13

Louise Hay daily affirmation:   “Deep at the center of my being, there is an infinite well of love.  I now allow this love to flow to the surface.”

Inspiration exercise from Noah Scalin’s 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Work with crayons.  Mold them, melt them, grate them, color with them, or ?  

Media:  Scrapbook paper, Mod Podge, Watercolor, CrayPas Oil Pastel Crayons

Time:  1H:10M

Comments:  Have had some medical testing done this past week that has brought the topic of heart health to mind.  Couldn't think of any organ deeper at the center of my being than the heart.  With the time that I'm spending lately listening to various thoughts on spiritual healing, and considering the deeper meanings of Louise Hay's affirmations, I know physical health and spiritual health must be related.  

The crayon drawing here is inspired by an image I found in a magazine.  Didn't dawn on me till I was cutting the paper for this collage that the hand touching the heart only has four fingers.  I went with it anyway.  Perhaps it's off just enough to suggest that matters of the heart and spirit are not in human hands alone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.