Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 174 As a good friend


174:365
03/23/13
Day 174 As a good friend

Louise Hay affirmation:   “I recognize my body as a good friend.”
Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Work only with kitchen tools today.

Media:  Calendar and Magazine photos, Mod Podge

Time:  1H:10M

Comments:  I hope one day that, indeed, I recognize my body as a good friend... At least as good a friend as a warm chocolate chip cookie.  Fully enjoying a well-made chocolate chip cookie is a simple, indulgent experience that can be truly joyous.  Making them requires only basic kitchen tools and ingredients, and results in a small bite of heaven on earth.  

I included the dog at the top of the stairs, staring down at the cookies, as a remembrance that sometimes I feel removed from my body when I look at it in the mirror.  It can seem like a foreign entity, made of too many chocolate chip cookies? 

The dog on the stairs also represents an ability to look at an indulgent treat from a distance and not feel it owns its viewer.  The dog looks like he could choose to run down the stairs and take it or just gaze from a distance and leave it.  He's still pondering his decision from his higher (wiser?) vantage point.  Good dog.   




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.