Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 155 Safe haven

Day 155 Safe haven

155:365
03/04/13

Louise Hay affirmation:   
“I love myself; therefore, I provide myself a comfortable home, one that fills all my needs and is a pleasure to be in.”

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:  Use fingerprints/thumbprints to create an image or portrait.

Media:  Scrapbook paper, Magazine photos, Mod Podge, Sharpie

Time:  1H:5M

Comments:  Funny that the knots in wood-grain paper end up looking like fingerprints.  This is a simple collage, but one that speaks to the simple idea that home is a reflection of the love its owner has for him/herself.  As a designer, a woman, an artist, a wife, a dog lover, a daughter, a sister, a soul choosing to live this life at this time, an American, a bedraggled corporate drone... it's especially important and challenging for me to keep a home that fills my needs for comfort and safe haven, and is a pleasure to be in.  
Now, if I could just find someone to help me keep it clean! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.