Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 156 Survey says

Day 156  Survey says

156:365
03/05/13

Louise Hay affirmation:   “I love myself; therefore, I work at a job I truly enjoy doing, one that uses my creative talents and abilities, working with and for people I love and for people who love me, and earning good income.”

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Work only with toilet paper tubes and/or paper towel tubes today.
 








Media:  Scrapbook paper, Magazine photos, Mod Podge, Zots, Cardboard bath tissue roll

Time:  1H:20M

Comments:  The background data in this collage is partially from a satisfaction survey that Contract Magazine published recently on professional Interior Designers.  I found it interesting that 83% of the profession is made up of women.  Yet, salaries for women in interior design are 70% of what men make.   Go, America!?!

The irony in this survey is that even though women are making less money than men in the field, 84% still report that they are happy with their career.  Women must not be measuring satisfaction in terms of dollars only.  Perhaps the work described in today's affirmation doesn't equate to the highest salaries, but to greater satisfaction in the long run?    

I'm hopeful that someday we, as a nation, get to a place where the gender and salary are not correlated.  And if that day doesn't come, I'm hopeful that someday I find the job that where the work is so satisfying that the pay rates are not something that stands out in my mind when I read survey results like this. 






 Link for more info:   http://contractmag.hotims.com/r5/search.asp?action=search&return_by_category=y

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.