Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 178 Peaceful perch at Work

Day 178 Peaceful perch at Work

178:365
03/27/13

Louise Hay affirmation:   
“I consciously release any mental patterns within me that could express as dis-ease in any way.”

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:  Use the world of birds as your inspiration today.  

Media:  Laser printed personal photo, Tissue paper, Watercolor, Sharpie, Mod Podge

Time:  1H: 20M

Comments:  Today was a challenging day at work.  Lots of weird energy circulating.  But in the midst of it all, I happened to walk by an office that had an egret on the stone trellis just outside the window.  He/she stood there calmly, lithely, peacefully.  The moment I spent noticing the egret was complete antithesis to the way the rest of my workday was going.  

I'm surrounded by a lot of people at work with mental patterns that express as dis-ease.  I believe my accidental, but conscious, moment to notice something beautiful was a subtle  reminder from Spirit to not let myself become one of them... regardless of how much weird energy surrounds me on the outside.  

I recognize now that my catching a glimpse of this bird as I rushed by- and having the wherewithal to stop, ponder his posture and perch, and take a moment to snap a photo that I would later be able to incorporate into today's collage- was part of the Divine plan for my day.   Serendipitously, today's exercise was to use the world of birds for inspiration!  I'm inspired.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.