Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 266 Gift to Self

Day 266 Gift to Self
266:365
06/23/13

Louise Hay affirmation:   “Forgiveness is a gift to myself.  
I forgive, and I set myself free.

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Work with just corrugate cardboard or cardboard boxes today.

Media:  Scrapbook paper, Magazine photos, Mod Podge

Time:  1H:30M

Comments:  The game of tic-tac-toe is all about trying to set one's game pieces in certain direction and having that direction blocked by another player.  

Forgiveness is sometimes like this.  We're going along in life and something or someone comes across our path that blocks us.  We can choose to stay blocked and lose the game (lesson), or we can forgive and move on in a new direction.   

The sofa in this collage represents the fact that sometimes it takes some quiet reflection to recognize where we are.  And the green stone earring represents the moment of forgiveness as the jewel that it is.   I set myself free. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.