Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 142 New day, New me?


 142:365
02/19/13

Day 142 New day, New me?
Louise Hay daily affirmation:   “This is a new day.  I am a new me.”

Inspiration exercise from Noah Scalin’s 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Cut holes in the pages of a magazine or book so that what you reveal beneath creates something new.

Media:  Scrapbook paper, Catalog and magazine photos, Tissue paper, Mod Podge

Time:  1H:20M

Comments:  Sometimes the daily affirmations take some convincing to believe.  Can feel a little contrived and obscured behind the tissue paper of everyday life.... Much like the images inside the circles in this collage.  (They are  less legible than I envisioned in my head.)  Ironically enough, I've been feeling lately a bit like these images- a pig, a flower, and a couple of oddly shaped cherubs- obscured from clear view.   

Had a chance to use the circle cutter that I received as a Christmas gift for this collage, though, so there is that.  Still looking for clearer view and trusting the process to get there.  





  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.