Sunday, April 7, 2013

Day 189 Limerick for a cleansed mind


Day 189 Limerick for a cleansed mind
189:365
04/07/13

Louise Hay affirmation:   “I let go of everything that I no longer need.  My consciousness is now cleansed and my concepts are fresh, new, and vital.”

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Write a limerick about yourself or your hometown.  

Media:  Scrapbook paper, Magazine photos, Grid Vellum, Sharpie, Mod Podge

Time:  1H:20M

Comments:  For today's collage, I was thinking about how much knowledge is contained in the stacks and stacks of magazines in this image.  And how, we tend to parrot back the same old ideas again and again.  

The limerick I devised from today's affirmation was intended to help me rethink that old paradigm. Get rid of the mental clutter, recognize when old ideas come into consciousness, and think fresh.  

The bright, vibrant colors on the parrot also symbolize new, fresh, and vital energy of letting go of things I no longer need.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.