Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 182 The halfway point

Day 182 The halfway point

182:365
03/31/13

Louise Hay affirmation:   
“I love and accept myself where I am right now.  
I am wonderful.”

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Work with your hands… literally.

Media:  Scrapbook paper, Magazine photos, Mod Podge

Time:  1H:10M

Comments:   Today marks the end of 6 months and the halfway point in my year-long Collage a Day with Louise Hay project.  I've enjoyed working with my hands, mind, and creative energy to do something more than just work, watch TV, eat and sleep.  

Today also happens to be Easter Sunday which is why I chose to use pastel colors and added Easter themed cupcakes to the collage.  The hand is reaching for the calendar dates, signifying work on "the project" rather than the cupcakes.  

Ironically enough, I must have done that part unconsciously because I only recognized it after I completed the collage.  We'll call the reach for creativity rather than food a sign of progress in learning to love and accept myself where I am right now.    





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.