Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 64 Self-incorporated


Day 64 Self-incorporated
064:365
12/03/12

Louise Hay affirmation:   “I forgive others, and I now create my own life the way I want it.  I am safe.” (fat)

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   It’s all about you.  Incorporate yourself into whatever you make.








Media:  Computer generated fingerprint image, Hand drawn hand, Scrapbook paper, Magazine and Catalog photos, Mod Podge

Time:   1H:40M

Comments:   I usually tend to struggle with self-portraits. Here I reached back in time to help me see who I have been.  The girl in the hair dryer is a National Geographic photo that I picked up years ago and held on to for reasons unknown.  I could always identify with this image as a self-portrait of sorts.  I know there have been times at work and in life when I've come across as someone who is pushy or demanding when I have had a goal in mind.  Much like a woman with a machine gun...  I also have a softer, feminine side that's like a girl sitting under a hair dryer with rollers in her hair that comes out on occasion.  The balance between the two is where the growth happens.  I like that she's so intent on her focus that she's got to stick her tongue out to concentrate, and can relate to that intensity of focus when I'm engrossed in certain activities. 

This collages incorporates other symbols of who I am with contrasts between technology-generated fingerprint that I picked up at an interior design trade show in 2007, and an  hand-drawn arm/hand that is rendered to look something like a fingerprint that I drew several years before that.   

The owl perched on the ring finger represents wisdom and knowledge gained through marriage and the constant lessons in forgiveness that come along with that kind of relationship.  As I see myself reflected through the relationship, forgiveness of both self and others are part of the wisdom gained.   

The pine cone and apple wreath under the hand represents my appreciation for nature (and my forays into collecting pine cones and wreath-making from the cones that drop in my neighborhood). It also represents my efforts at healthier eating of fruits and vegetables.  

The contemporary dog-themed bench with dogs images on top relates to my love of my basset hounds and how they are part of me creating a life the way I want it.  How better to feel safe than to be surrounded by four-legged expressions of unconditional love and devotion?      






No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.