Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 4 Snailsafe


004:365
10/4/12

Day 4 Snailsafe
Louise Hay affirmation:  “I am safe.”

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:  Take a five-minute walk, then make something using whatever materials are available where you’ve ended up.

Media:  Magazine photos, construction paper, matte medium, Loctite adhesive, cream chalk, junk from under the seat of my car (French fries*, vitamins, potato chips, raisin, pumpkin seed, button, penny, leaf, keychain drink coupon from Popeye’s, metal ring).  Found under the seat of my car, but not used… bejeweled hair pin, 95 cents, plastic spoon, needle, hair roller clip. 

Time:  1H:40M

Comments:   My five minute walk was from the office to my car at the end of the workday.  Found some interesting berries under a tree on the way to the car, but accidentally dropped them in the crack between the seat and armrest once I got into the car to go home.  When I tried to dig them out, I ran into all kinds of reminders that I spend way too much time in the car every day.   On the drive home, I was listening to an interview with someone that mentioned how the spiral on a snail’s shell has the same proportions mathematically as the spiral of the Milky Way galaxy.  Got me thinking about spirals and the grand design of the Universe.  If the designer of the Universe can think of every detail, down to the tiniest snail’s spiral, maybe I (and my under-seat junk) are part of the master plan too.  I somehow feel safer in that thought.   

*Postscript:  10/23/12 Snails weren't so safe after all? One of the dogs found my growing pile collages and decided that she liked the taste of old French fries and glue.  Funny, though, she left the rest of the stack completely untouched.   
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.