Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 21 Texas treehugger


Day 21 Texas treehugger  
021:365
10/21/12

Louise Hay affirmation:   “Love and peace and joy are what I know.” (liver)

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:  Write a ten-word love story.  Bonus: Illustrate it!

Media:  Map of Texas, magazine photos, matte medium

Time:   1H:40M

Comments:  This collage is as much a reminder as an acknowledgement of place.  The neighborhood where we live has many oak trees and is a huge part of why we chose the house we're in.  The beauty and peacefulness of nature in the neighborhood is an oasis within the larger metropolitan area.  The challenge is to stay aware of it.  

The liver is said to be the seat of anger and resentment.  
I wonder if, every time I experienced anger and resentment (not uncommon for me) I hugged a tree and reminded myself to feel love and peace and joy, what would be the outcome physically, mentally, and emotionally?   

I used some leaves that are starting to fall in my back yard as templates for the leaves here. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.