Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 05 Lay art to rest

Day 05 Lay art to rest


005:365
10/5/12 

Louise Hay affirmation:   "I release the past.  I am free to move forward with love in my heart." (affirmation in support of the middle back)

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:  Work with a collection of objects you have in your home.

Media:  Catalog photos from the FL art collection. 

Time:  30M

Comments:  This art collection was, at one time, a corporate collection worthy of admiration in some circles.  World-reknowned artists and museum-quality works of 20th century Art.  Many of the pictures I used were pieces that meant something to me for various reasons, as I interacted with them each day at the office.  The company decided to sell off the collection in 2010 because, they said, it didn’t reflect who we are as a business anymore.  It felt like a sad decision to me since I took it to mean, we no longer have an appreciation for beautiful or thought-provoking things that make us look beyond the logo on a chip bag anymore.  

Link for more info: Heritage Auction highlights    


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.