Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 29 Minding the masks


029:365
10/29/12
Day 29 Minding the masks

Louise Hay affirmation:   “I now take charge of my mind and my life.  I am powerful, dynamic woman.  Every part of my body functions perfectly.  I love me.” (pms)
 
Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:  Make a disguise for yourself, a friend, a pet, or an object.

Media:  Magazine/catalog photos, matte medium.

Time:   1H:5M

Comments:  Taking charge of my mind involves an understanding that art and politics, light fixtures and dark tile, clowns and butterflies are all part of the dynamics of life and don't have to be taken too seriously.  This collage is a combination of photos of George W. Bush and Mona Lisa, each wearers of masks in their own right.  I like the clown, a classic wearer of masks, as pixie and angel/devil on W's shoulder.    




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.