Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 106 Thrifty freedom


106:365
01/14/13

Day 106 Thrifty freedom
Louise Hay affirmation:   “I am willing to set myself free.”  

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Go to a thrift store and buy something to work with today.

 









Media:  Scrapbook paper, Magazine photos, Matte medium, Template ($.59 from Goodwill, pkg.6), Sharpie, Tracing paper

Time:   2H

Comments:  Checked out the new Goodwill store on my way home from work today.  Found a set of templates I was able to use.  

The main subject of this piece was a collage-style page from REAL SIMPLE magazine that caught my interest last year (May 2012 issue).  The bird on her shoulder appears to be singing a song about setting him/herself free.  

Link for more info:   






No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.