Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 116 Thawed thoughts


116:365
01/24/13
Day 116 Thawed thoughts 

Louise Hay affirmation:   “Thoughts no longer have any power over me.  
I choose to be free.”

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Create something using an old map or something that ends up looking like a map.

Media:  Map from National Geographic, Magazine photos, Matte medium, Postage stamp

Time:  1H:10

Comments:  I enjoyed the contrast between the two chairs in this collage.  The one on ice represents how thoughts can freeze us or hold us prisoner; the other  represents freedom and stability with whimsy and style.  Has a bit of a tropical/nautical flair with the caning and coral back cushion that I liked for a collage with a map (travel) background.

Not to get too political, but I also liked the Cuban postage stamp.  It worked with both the color scheme, and the concept of people choosing to be free. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.