Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 92 Good news for the new year

092:365
Day 92 Good news for the new year
12/31/12

Louise Hay affirmation:   “In my life, all is perfect, whole, and complete, and yet life is ever changing.”

Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Write a letter to yourself at another time in your life (past or future).

Media:  1963 Fort Worth Star Telegram, Scrapbook paper, Trace paper, Parchment, Metallic Sharpie, Wax seal, Mod Podge

Time:  1H:30M

Comments:  Rounded out the year, and my first three full months of this collage-a-day project, with a letter to myself using today's affirmation.  

Used the back page of a Nov. 23, 1963 newspaper for the background.  Funny how many things in the paper reflected aspects of me today.  
  • Furniture ads and Building Made Easy articles (much of my career focus), 
  • Eyeglass ads (I just grudgingly bought a new pair of reading glasses and had to work hard for a good price on the no-frills models), 
  • Christmas craft project articles (just coming out of two weeks off work during the holidays where I got to focus on art projects that I normally don't have time for), 
  • Great deals and discounts (one of my joys in life), 
  • Mattress ads (restful sleep eludes me more than I care to admit), 
  • An article about how Rep. Jim Wright was revealing corruption and abuse in the Interstate Highway building project in Texas.  (I met him once in the 80's, and remember that he put me off by denegrating 'tree huggers' in our brief conversation.  Came across as a closed minded, arrogant, and elitist politician.  Nice to see that he was out there fighting corruption and injustice in the public trust in his earlier years.  Maybe I just caught him on a bad day.) 
If all those aspects of my life today can be stated as perfect, whole, and complete, then I guess the new year will hold some interesting insights for me too.  

Links for more info:   
http://www.star-telegram.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Wright





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.