Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 117 Happy hour


117:365
01/25/13
Day 117 Happy hour 

Louise Hay affirmation:   “I see the resistance patterns within me only as something else to release.  They have no power over me.  I am the Power in my world.”

 
Inspiration exercise from 365 Daily Creativity Journal:   Go out of your way.  Travel somewhere you wouldn’t normally go today specifically to create something inspired by that location.

Media:  Magazine photos, Postcard, Vellum, Matte medium, Glue stick

Time:  55M

Comments:  My out of the way detour today was to go to happy hour with some commercial designer friends after work.  Conversation centered around work projects and coworker personalities.  Always enjoyable, and a fun time to get together with other designers.   

Amazing to hear how gender in the workplace can still be an issue regardless of where we work... even after all the years since women entered the workforce in the US.  For me, resistance patterns that turn learning, sharing, networking and encouraging one another into gossip or grousing about work or the state of the world were in my conscious awareness as we talked.  It's too easy to slide to a negative and cynical place at times. "They have no power over me!"  

On the drive home from Dallas, I thought about how each of us has been working in the field long enough to lead our own design consultancies, but still choose to work in corporate or design firm environments.  Old resistances around fear of the unknown in starting a design venture on my own, without the safety net of a steady paycheck, came up again.    








No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your impressions, constructive comments or inquiries on this or any of the work you see posted on this blog.